Poetry by Gram Joel Davies
Gram Joel Davies lives in the South West of England. He has published widely in UK and international journals, including Magma, Envoi, Poetry Wales and The Moth.
Browse the site for examples of his poems and more places you can read them. Gram Joel Davies is interested in making recordings of his work, and you will find streaming audio below (and some rough video too).
Please feel free to drop him a line, or look him up on social media using the links at the bottom of the page.
- You Know You’re in a Gram Joel Davies poem when… an angular Juggernaut trucks within inches of a balloon seller…
- Die Back Ash wood burns wet…
- Coming Up for Air She makes him taste of tarragon…
- Creep Your carpet crawls like droplets on a hotplate…
- Gram As Lifeform, Phosphorescing Awake in my pushchair after sunset…
Books by Gram Joel Davies
‘Bolt Down This Earth’
- Rogue Strands, August 2017 Review by Matthew Stewart
- The Lake, July 2017 Review by Grant Tarbard for The Lake
- The Journal, Issue #51 Reviewed by Andy Hickmott
- Litter Magazine, 2017 Review by Steve Spence
- Poetry Book Society, Spring 2017 Reviewed for PBS
- Reader Feedback, April 2017 Jinny Fisher on Bolt Down This Earth
Recently in Magazines
Only if you enjoy my work. As a low income writer I struggle to fund activities like entering writing competitions or attending workshops. These are things which keep poetry alive and stop it becoming insular. Making art free means that web giants like Youtube and Soundcloud grow on cost-free content while creatives get no return. I don’t seek profit from my work but I do invite others to help with the cause. Small donations let me obtain books by other poets (thereby helping two writers at once) or magazines and keep abreast of what is being called for currently (and hopefully innovate from that). Any support is gratefully received and will only ever be used to further my poetry. I will try to write to supporters to say thanks and let you know how I my writing has benefited.
All material, unless otherwise attributed, 2018 © Gram Joel Davies. Sharing via hyperlink (only) with attribution permitted
GDPR: No personal data stored/processed onsite. Site uses two (2) strictly necessary cookies plus Youtube and Soundcloud standard 3rd party ones (which include tracking features). Emails/Contact to Gram Joel Davies are hosted at webmail.gridhost.co.uk